We are looking a Tire Technician, Undercoater, Building Maintenance Person
Auto Craftsmen in Montpelier is looking for the right person to join our team of automotive care professionals. We are a very busy shop – but we also understand that there is life outside of work - so we are only open Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
We understand we all need work life balance so we typically close for 6 days for each Holidays [and its paid time off] + you accumulate PTO hours every week.
We are currently seeking someone to be our Tire Changer, Undercoating Technician and Building Maintenance person and to become an integral part of our 5-person team! We are looking for the right person who enjoys working hard, doing a good job and is looking to be part of an exceptional business that they can be proud to work for.
Your job would change as the seasons change. Year round you would oversee the maintenance of the building, and then do tires during tire season, and undercoating when not doing tires:
Undercoating: Jan to April 15thish / June to Oct 15thish
Tires: April 15thish to June 1st / Oct 15thish to Dec. 31st
FYI: Unlike the dealers or tire shops - We only book 5 sets of tires per day and no more than 2 undercoats per day. You will have time to do a great job and not hurt yourself or burn out.
Tire Changer Responsibilities:
• Mount and Balance Tires for cars and light trucks
• Maintain your lift, tire machines, and keep bay clean
• Fill out paperwork
• Repair tires
• Test drive vehicles to make sure the tires are balanced
• Previous experience changing and balancing tires in a professional setting
• Must have a clean and current driver’s license
• Able to lift tires and do manual labor
• No previous back injuries
• Ready, willing and able to fill out paperwork for every job on a tablet or computer.
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Be willing to do/learn how to do oil changes and change wiper blades.
• Power-wash underbody of vehicles
• Undercoat vehicle with our awesome non-toxic product to protect the vehicle from rusting.
*To see how we do it, go to www.autocraftsmen.com and look under videos.
• Maintain your lift, undercoating machine, and keep bay clean
• Test drive vehicles to burn undercoating product off the exhaust
• Attention to detail is a must!
• We will train the right person
Building Maintenance Responsibilities:
• Summer: Keep the small area of grass mowed, weeds pulled / wash outside of building with pressure washer / sweep bays out, empty shop trash cans, remove dead parts to scrap metal pile, empty waste oil into drums, etc.
• Winter: Help move vehicles in lot when it's being plowed, clean snow off vehicles, shovel walkways when needed, salt walk ways when needed / sweep bays out, empty shop trash cans, remove dead parts to scrap metal pile, empty waste oil into drums, etc.
• Keep loaner cars clean and park them in the correct place in parking lot before 8 am on the weekdays.
If you are interested, please stop by the shop and we will show you around and you can meet the staff.
If it seems like a good fit, you will come in and 'try-out' and your pay for the day would be $20.00 hr.
Once hired, your pay goes up to $24 per hour.
PLEASE gives us you Work History and 3 References
-send by email = [email protected]
-or drop off at 326 lower State Street (RT 2 West - next door to The Dairy Creme')
-or call 802-223-2253
Our company is proud to offer the following benefits:
• Fun and Collaborative Environment
• PTO: paid time off that accumulates per hour for whatever you need
• 22 days paid days for Holidays (we close for 4 days per holiday + the weekend to give us mini vacations all year long)
• Very Special Employee Pricing on Vehicle Labor and Parts