Amy Mattinat is the President of Auto Craftsmen, an Independent award winning Auto Repair Service Center in Montpelier Vermont. Auto Craftsmen is an ASE Blue Seal Repair Facility, AAA Approved Repair Center, BBB Accredited and ASkPatyy.com Certified Female Friendly.
Over twenty years ago, she started out part time as the bookkeeper, which turned into running the front of the house full time. She took every class and workshop she could find on everything about running an auto repair facility and fell in love with the business and the industry. She took a giant leap in 2009 and purchased the business and has never looked back.
Amy is also consider an auto repair marketing and business expert, and industry consultant. She teaches classes in Vermont and around the country. She has been teaching Women Car Care Clinics for over ten years and along with other women shop owners created a turn-key workbook for other shops to host Women Car Care Clinics in their shops. She is the author of “How to Buy A Great Used Car” and also co-authored the book “Whatever Happened to Outstanding Customer Service”. She has spoken on TV, Radio and has been a frequent guest of the automotive ‘Remarkable Results Radio’.
Amy is very involved in the Auto Care Industry on the national stage. She is the past president of Women in Auto Care, is a member of SEMA, SBN, WiAC and ASA. She strongly believes in ‘giving back’ and has mentored multiple Women shop owners over the years. She has recently created a women-in-automotive business group to facilitate networking and business development for women in Vermont.
Amy’s Scheduled Events
- 2008 Writer/Participant: Audi Mileage Marathon
- 2010 Spokesperson: Mobil 1 Motor Oil Division of Exxon/Mobile
- 2011 Writer/Participant: Goodyear’s new Assurance Triple Tread all-season tire.
- 2012 Awarded The Car Care Council Women’s Board ‘2012 – 2013 Top Female Shop Owner’
- 2012 – 2015 Writer/Participant: Michelin Tire Influencer Community
- 2013 Featured in an article in Motor Magazine: Motor Magazine
- 2013 – 2015 Writer/Participant: Nokian Tyres Hakkapelitta Test Driver Program
- 2013 – 2016: President of Women in Auto Care
- 2014 – 2016: Judge for the North East AAA/Ford Automotive Skills Contest
- 2014: Featured Speaker: WBON: Women’s Business Owner’s Networking’s Marketing Conference
- 2014: Honored as a 2014 Professional Woman of the Year by the National Association of Professional Women
- 2015: Awarded the 2015 U.S. Small Business Administration’s Vermont Women-Owned Business of the Year
- 2016: Her business was awarded the AAA Business of the Year for the state of Vermont
- 2016: Featured on the front cover of ‘Auto Inc’ magazine
- 2017: On the board of directors for the ‘Chevy Montage’ 1957 Chevy all female build which was showcased at SEMA in 2017
- 2017: On the ‘Mechanical Division Operations Committee’ for ASA National
Amy’s Contact information
Owner: Auto Craftsmen